One of the simplest and inexpensive methods to prevent stretch marks is to purchase ready-to-use cosmetic products. An assortment, represented by beauty industry, includes gels, creams, scrubs ,sprays and stretch mark lotions. Usually the choice depends on one’s budget, personal preferences to a particular brand, and reviews of consumers.
Whatever you choose, draw attention to the formulation of a solution. The main components which help to overcome striae are:
- Vitamins A, C, E complex
- Cocoa oil
- Hibiscus seed oil
- Almond oil
- Jojoba oil
- Peach oil
- Tea tree oil
- Onion extract
- Horse chestnut extract
- Matricaria extract
There are some nuances that can arise during usage of stretch mark lotions or creams.
- It is recommended to apply cosmetic products for the night and in the morning. Application should be accompanied with light massage.
- Most of all solutions have rather firm texture and sink slowly.
- Do not wait for immediate results. Usually they can be seen in 2-4 months.
- Some remedies can leave visible taint on clothing.
- You should use specialized cosmetics for striae if you are pregnant, in the process of sexual maturation or keeping to a crash diet.
Dermatologists and manufacturers of cosmetics state that such solutions are to be used as a preventive measure. Even the best lotion for stretch marks can narrow striae and make them less visible, but it cannot release you from them completely.
Stretch Marks of the Pregnant
In 95% of all cases stretch marks “decorate” bellies, breast and thighs of the new mothers. That is why many women, being pregnant, try to prevent themselves from striae appearance. In this case it is better to choose hypoallergic products in order not to do a baby an ill turn.
How to Choose Lotions for Striae?
If you do not want to worry about stretch marks after childbirth, you should know how to choose a lotion to prevent stretch marks.
- You should choose only those lotions/creams which are destined for the pregnant. There are effective ingredients which are absolutely safe in their formulation for a baby.
- The most perficient remedies are those which contain special emollients (Shea butter or Jojoba oil, for instance). They also have to include ingredients improving the process of blood circulation in skin. The best lotion for stretch marks is one that consists of vitamins, collagen, amino acids. They help to regenerate tissues of skin, and its surface becomes smoother and more tender.
- You have to use only hypoallergic lotions. At first, you should purchase a sample of a solution and make a simple skin sensitivity test. If you have no allergic reaction (itching, reddening, burning), you can make liberal use of the lotion.
- It is better to choose lotions with discreet odor. Being pregnant many women can’t stand a lot of smells. Any strong aroma can cause a shoot of morning sickness.
Pregnant women should start using of lotion from 3-4 months of childbearing, as it lessens a risk of striae appearance.